Tuesday, March 25, 2014

What makes a great blog?

In this unit, we're trying to separate great blogs from lousy blogs.  

What features do the great blogs have in common?



Similarly, why do the lousy blogs stink?

The only way to answer these questions is to do some exploring on your own, as well as to examine some of the most popular blogs around.  I came up with a list of 10 blogs that you should rank from 1 to 10 (1 being the best, and 10 being the worst).  You should take at least 15 minutes to explore them before passing judgement on them:



Step 1) Below this post, in the comments box for this site, tell us which blog you ranked 1st.  Tell us what 3 features stood out to you that would make you want to re-visit the blog.


Step 2) Tell us which blog you ranked 10th (or last).  Tell us what 3 features really turned you off about it.



Step 3) Can you find a blog in a subject area that interests you, and share it with the rest of the class?  Type in the name or copy and paste the URL in the comment box.


For a list of criteria for evaluating blogs, please click on this link.

9 comments:

  1. Tell us which blogs were the best and worst in your opinion, and why...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My #1 blog is Sports Freak. I liked it the most because of the overall layout of the blog page, very easy to navigate through the stories to find my interest, and all the stories are accurate and related to sports.

    My least favorite blog is Not Without Salt. I didn't like the content on the web page, it was mildly difficult to navigate, and some links would not work on my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #1 blog is BuzzFeed :3. I like it alot because it has alot of information on things we didnt even think of. And my least favorite is Not Without Salt i really cant see this helpful for anyone

    ReplyDelete
  4. One blog spot i like is LadiesFashion because it has pretty dresses, nice colors, all types of styles/designs.
    My Least favorite blog spot is awesome toy because the toys look plan and for younger kids, some look even fufu.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I personally thought that the SportsEnthusiast site was the best because it was organized perfectly interesting information.
    The worst was definitely was not without salt because that page is just a bunch of information mashed together on a page/

    ReplyDelete
  6. my favorite blog is nicekicks because it has the trending releases kicks that are custom and very rare looking with nice color and designs added,

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite blog site is the hydecomputertech because it is extremely informative and allows me to enmesh on work that i missed .

    My Least favorite blog is skyrim wiki because it provides no information on the game of interest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i like the site we went over in class because it was very interesting and it caught my attention

    ReplyDelete